Revenue Management models in the cargo and cruise ship industries.
Managerial Decision Making, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Thursday : 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Short Term Consulting Engagements
Long Term Consulting Engagements
Peer-Reviewed Journal ArticlesPublished Articles in Refereed Journals
Nasr, W, Salameh, M and Moussawi, L
(forthcoming) 'Transhipment and Safety Stock under Stochastic Supply Interruption in a Production System', Computers & Industrial Engineering
Moussawi, L, Salameh, M and Nasr, W
(forthcoming) 'An Instantaneous Replenishment Model under the Effect of a Sampling Policy for Defective Items', Applied Mathematical Modelling
Moussawi, L and Cakanyildirim, M (2012) 'Optimal overbooking limits for a two-dimensional cargo problem', Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management
, 11:1, 453-476
Bensoussan, A, Moussawi, L and Cakanyildirim, M
(2010) 'Inventory control with an order-time constraint: optimality, uniqueness and significance ', Annals of Operational Research
, 181:1, 603-640
Maddah, B, Moussawi, L and El Taha, M
(2010) 'Dynamic Cruise Ship Revenue Management', European Journal of Operational Research
, 207:16, 445-455
Maddah, B, Salameh, M and Moussawi, L
(2010) 'Order Overlapping: A Practical Approach for Preventing Shortages during Screening', Computers & Industrial Engineering
, 58:4, 691-695
Maddah, M, Moussawi, L and Jaber, M
(2010) 'Lot Sizing with a Markov Production Process and Imperfect Items Scrapped', International Journal of Production Economics
, 124:2, 340-347
Nasr, W, Salameh, M and Moussawi, L
(forthcoming) 'Integrating the Economic Production Model with Deteriorating Raw Material over Multi-Production Cycles', International Journal of Production Research
Moussawi, L, Dbouk, W and Jaber, M
(forthcoming) 'Coordinating a three-level supply chain with delay in payments and a discounted interest rate ', Computers & Industrial Engineering
Moussawi, L and Jaber, M (forthcoming) 'A Joint Model for Cash and Inventory Management for a Retailer under Delay in Payments ', Computers & Industrial Engineering
Other Intellectual ContributionsPublications in Refereed Conference Proceedings
1. (2007) Proceedings: Proceedings of the Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting DSI , edited by Moussawi, L and Cakanyildirim, M.
Refereed Conference Presentations
2. Moussawi, L and Cakayildirim, M (2007) 'Pricing a Two-Dimensional Cargo Capacity', paper presented at the Decision Sciences Institute Miniconference on Service Science May
Non-Refereed Conference Presentations
3. Moussawi, L (2009) 'Inventory Model with Order Time Constraint', paper presented at the Production and Operations Management Society , 1-4 May, United States
4. Moussawi, L and Bensoussan, A (2007) 'Investment Decisions Under Uncertainty', paper presented at the Decision and Risk Analysis Conference: Convergence between Finance and Industry May, United States
5. Moussawi, L, Maddah, B and Rida, H (2011) 'Dynamic Cargo Revenue Management for Spot and Ad-Hoc Customers', paper presented at the INFORMS , 13-16 November, United States
6. Moussawi, L, Benoussan, A and Cakanyildirim, M (2007) '’Inventory Models with Order Time Constraints Due to Limited Supplier/Transportation Capacity', paper presented at the INFORMS November, United States
7. Moussawi, L and Cakanyildirim, M (2007) 'A Two-Dimensional Transportation Pricing Model', paper presented at the INFORMS November, United States
8. Moussawi, L (2009) 'Dynamic Cruise Ship Revenue Management', paper presented at the Informs , 11-14 October, United States
AAREF . "Optimal Contract Design between Two Co-Located Retailers."
Amount of Dollar Award : $ $9600
URB. "Cash management of lot sizing inventory."
Amount of Dollar Award : $ 6000
Munib Masri Institute of Energy and Natural Resources. "Potfolio Management of Upstream Offshore Petroleum Activities with Applications to Lebanon."
Amount of Dollar Award : $ 10,000
URB. "Dynamic Models for Cargo Revenue Management."
Amount of Dollar Award : $ 7,000
Professional Honors, Prizes and Fellowships